Testing and Equipment
Your focus is our job!
As the owner and optometrist of this independent clinical practice, Dr Trevor has always carefully selected and installed the latest technology in diagnostic equipment. This deliberate selection allows for the combination of expertise and commitment for thorough monitoring and maintenance with clinical application.
The supporting Stars of T.W.O. include: OCT, iProfiler Plus, Eidon Retinal Camera with Ultra-Wide Field Lens, Zeiss Humphrey Visual Fields, Medmont Meridia Pro, Pentacam, Nidek AL Scan, Visufit 1000.
Oculus Pentacam AXL Wave
The newest edition to the practice is the latest generation of the Pentacam. The AXL Wave. We are proud to say that we have the very first one in Queensland!
The 4th Generation model combines several state of the art instruments into one, to perform the following functions:
- Accurate auto refraction to help us determine your spectacle prescription.
- It measures every aspect of the front and back layer of your cornea. This enables the best fitting of complex contact lenses and helps detect and monitor various corneal diseases.
- It measures the sclera for accurate fitting of large diameter scleral lenses.
- It measure higher order aberrations which is very useful to pinpoint where distortions may be coming from in your vision.
- It measures the length of your eye which is important when monitoring eye growth in children with myopia.
- It accurately grades cataracts and calculates what power implant you will require should you require cataract surgery.
Humphrey Visual Fields Analyser
Your vision relies on the retina, optic nerves, and the brain. Vision loss occurs due to diseases that affect any part of this pathway.
Specific patterns revealed by the visual field test can help Trevor identify the cause of your vision problem and may detect subclinical (asymptomatic) concerns.
(Optical Coherence Tomography)
An OCT scan is a sophisticated scanning method that produces high quality, detailed images of the internal structure of the eye. OCT scanning allows Trevor to view three dimensional cross sections of the retina (back surface) of your eyes.
Other testing methods show the back surface of your eye (eg. Digital Retinal Photography/DRP’s), an OCT scan can allows identification and treatment of eye diseases and conditions such as: Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Optic Nerve Damage.
The information Trevor obtains through corneal topography displays curvature of the cornea (front surface of the eye).
This intricate detail supports contact lens suitability, keratoconus diagnostics and checks integrity of the tear film on your eye.
Also known as photokeratoscopy or videokeratography.